Club Business / Notices / Calls To Action / Volunteers Needed
Remember to keep an eye on this area for upcoming work bees, meeting notices and other snippets of Club info.
LINKS TO FRIENDS
Keep checking back here for information on our 2019 Friends of NRA Banquet which is set for 5 PM, Thursday, April 25, 2019 at the Aurora Club in Ironwood. More details will be posted as they become available. You can find general info on it here:
Save on NRA Memberships.
Click the above image for more information.
SERVICES WE OFFER
The Club will be holding its January Meeting at Pizza King Joe's on Thursday, January 24, 6:30PM. If you are planning on joining the members for dinner, please try to get there by 5:30PM.
As we plan for the 2019 season, member input and ideas are valuable and it would be very timely if you could attend this meeting with any thoughts on how to make the club better.
Thanks, Gary L., Secretary
Some things we will be covering:
· MI DNR Grant Information
Ontonagon club Project
· MI DNR Shooting Range List Update
· Sporting Goods Yard Sale Discussion
· Ladies Only Shooting Clinic Discussion
· 2018 Accomplishments List
· 2019 Initiatives
· Planning for March Annual Meeting
· Planning our 2019 Membership Renewal to be mailed in early March
Our annual Friends of NRA Banquet is our way of helping raise funds for the Friends of NRA.
Here is a little information on the Friends of NRA.:
- Established in 1990, The NRA Foundation, Inc. (“NRA Foundation”) is a 501 (c)(3) tax exempt organization that raises tax-deductible contributions in support of a wide range of firearm-related public interest activities of the National Rifle Association of America and other organizations that defend and foster the Second Amendment rights of all law-abiding Americans.
- These activities are designed to promote firearms and hunting safety, to enhance marksmanship skills of those participating in the shooting sports, and to educate the general public about firearms in their historic, technological and artistic context.
- Funds granted by The NRA Foundation benefit a variety of constituencies throughout the United States including children, youth, and women, individuals with physical disabilities, gun collectors, law enforcement officers, hunters and competitive shooters.
- The Friends of NRA fundraising program was established in October 1992 to raise funds in support of this mission.
- True to the tradition of the original town meetings, and organized by community volunteers from every walk of life, Friends of NRA events provide participants an opportunity to support the charitable goals of The NRA Foundation and enjoy the camaraderie of other law-abiding gun owners.
You can find more information here: https://www.friendsofnra.org/national.aspx?sid=51&cid=1361
What does this sign mean and what is the light for?
Click HERE to view a short Youtube video explaining our Down Range Alert System.
You will be taken to our "ABOUT" page where we have a Youtube Video
near the center of the page.